This is an essential and easy-to-read volume on the highly topical area of exercise and sport in diabetes which covers both the risks and the benefits of undertaking exercise. It provides comprehensive practical advice on:
* The benefits of physical activity
* The different risks between type 1 and type 2 diabetes and how to manage these
* Strategies to encourage children and adolescents to participate in sport
* People with diabetes undertaking competitive sporting activities
* Education, support and motivation of patients.
It takes a highly practical approach to the subject, and will be invaluable for all members of the diabetes specialist team, including clinicians, nurses, psychologists, and GPs, as well as sports scientists and diabetic sportsmen/women with its concise, one-stop guide to the management of exercise and sport in diabetes.